Just tried it out for a day, love Touchwiz

Last Updated:

1. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I got to play with one for about a day yesterday, and I have to say, I loved Touchwiz. It's very simple to use, the cube doesn't bug me any, no one forces you to use it. The music player is superb, and as long as you don't accidentally hit it, who cares about the side-loading application dock?

In the meantime, gorgeous screen, EXCELLENT battery life, and good design. Why all the Touchwiz hate?

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Have you tried stock android or the Hero UI? Compared to those its really fugly and slow! Install OpenHome and see what u think then.

3. Ozymandias

Been a G1 user since June. I've run Sense, Blur, Cupcake, Donut and Eclair. My G1 runs cyanogen and GDE right now. I stand by my statement. Touchwiz is great.

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Wow then i'm totally surprised :-/

Personally i find it ugly. Fonts are big, icons are big. It almost feels like the graphics are taken from a low res samsung custom OS phone. For me it doesnt have a very clean look at all

(I have a samsung galaxy, and ported the behold rom to check it out. Same hardware except the RAM, so if you discount the speed on the galaxy its exactly the same)

5. Ozymandias

You need to remember that it isn't done yet, Samsung has promised on OTA 2.0 update for it, and I would suspect that to happen sooner rather than later. They'll tweak Touchwiz along with the 2.0 update.

6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Yeah i know, but i'm still not very impressed. Anyway im selling my galaxy to get a behold 2, so i can try to tackle these protection partition problems :)

First thing to go is touchwiz, and add rosie (HTC UI)

7. Ozymandias

That'd be sweet. Try to get bluetooth working, everyone at XDA seems to have quit on the effort.

8. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

First i need to find a behold 2 that's unlocked :( Need to sell my galaxy too.

I tried a few things remotly over IRC with a behold 2 user, but its really hard and slow to get stuff done.