Just Updated _ Please Help Me!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, right now I feel lost. I finally updated my moment and I need help getting it back to how it was. I backed up all my apps, txt and calls, but I don't know how to get them back on the phone. Google did my contacts, but not my text. I see my txt in my gmail, but how do I put them back on my phone, as well as my apps. I went to the market and downloaded Astro as b4, and I went to my sdcard and to the folder named backup, but what's next?

Advertisement
  2. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

What did you upgrade to? If you went to 2.1, it's not advisable to restore apps from backup. Just install fresh from the market. What "txt" do you want to get back on your phone? As long as you were using gmail or some other web mail, a copy of your email still exists on their server. You can access it from the web interface or set the email program to show a large number of emails.

3. kbearmoney

kbearmoney Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Updated to 2.1_guess I'll have to download again. But I was hoping 2 be able 2 transfer my text messages back 2 my phone if possible. I know that they're saved with gmail, but for work purposes I have several text that I need to be able to access quickly.

4. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

I've never attempted to save text's, hopefully someone with experience here can help you out. Since you mentioned Astro, I'm pretty sure its backup feature only saves apps, not texts. For the future, the biggest drawback for me in backing up and restoring apps is that you will no longer see update warnings for them. Good luck!

5. strongone32

strongone32 New Member

I have a samsung Moment. Is there truley a 2.1 firmware update for this phone? If so where in the world do I go to get it? Im running 1.5 firmware and it seems every other cell provider is running 2.1 and not sprint. It's driving me nuts not having what everyone else has. Please help with simple instructions. Im not a I.T. guy but do get most of this stuff just need simple terms and instructions. Thanks

6. Mama Luigi

Mama Luigi Well-Known Member

www.sdx-developers.com