JUST UPDATED pri to 1.77

Last Updated:

1. bcrtj457

bcrtj457 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just updated my pri to 1.77 and now i can't get into recovery?

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I updated last night and I am able to boot into recovery just fine... what happens when you try to boot into recovery?

3. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Same here,I updated yesterday as soon as it became available on XDA.No problems whatsoever.

4. ceabbott2

ceabbott2 Well-Known Member

Tsipa,

I downloaded the file to my sd card(i renamed it PC36IMG.zip. First do I need to take the . off the end of the file or leave it there. Second I also downloaded the recovery version to my sd card. How would the install differ between these two files? I assume that the recovery file would enable a back up in case it went downhill? Is there a quick down and dirty steps to install PRI 1.77? Thank you for any guidance.

Charles

5. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

I didn't need to rename anything,download the flashable .zip.

6. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

If you want to flash it through bootloader then the file needs to be named PC36IMG.zip (make sure it is not PC36IMG.zip.zip). The bootloader method would involve powering down the phone and holding volume down while powering it back up. It will bring you to a screen with skating androids and once it finds the file, it will ask you to update. The recovery version is just a flashable version which allows you to install the update through recovery, just as you would a ROM or kernel. If you flash it through recovery, you might want to make a nand backup first, although I doubt it will do much good if something goes wrong.