• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help just updated to 2.1 from 1.5 and I need help

bboozer

Jan 1, 2010
I need some help, I had installed My Backup Pro and backed everything up to my SD card. Then went to the Sprint store and got updated to 2.1 from 1.5 Now I am having the issues that I have read about in other threads about the market not working... did the uninstall thing and it worked then, but I could not find any of my apps from before the download..... and when I left the market and tried to go back I got the error again.... Also, how can I access my SD card to restore all of my apps?

I would recommend that you not install from backup and instead install fresh from the market. If you are having issues and it's a new install, consider doing a hard reset before you install everything just to be safe. Restoring from b/u when staying within a version of the OS can be done (2.1 to 2.1) but isn't advisable when updating OS (1.5 -2.1).

menu > settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset

It's a little more painful than you probably expected, but will be worth it in the end. I'm surprised there was still a 1.5 Moment out there, welcome to the modern age!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones