1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

just upgraded from Android 2.1.3 to 4.1.2...General

1. FortKnox

FortKnox Well-Known Member

Still getting used to all the changes in Android on my new phone... (that's a big jump in software versions!) Anyone know where 'My apps' in the Play store went? A popup message told me some app had an update available, I accidentally did something to make the message go away, and now I don't know which app needs to be updated...
    Thanks,
    Jeff

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

They just moved it again.

For a while you would open the Play Store app and choose settings then choose My apps.

A few days ago it changed to open the Play Store app and choose the title Play Store and then choose My apps.

II noticed that they added three lines to the left of the title as a hint that this was now a "button".

... Thom
    badblue1 and FortKnox like this.
  3. bjacks12

bjacks12 Well-Known Member

Just swipe right from the left side of the screen in Play Store, it brings out a menu. My Apps is on there.

What phone are you using btw?
    FortKnox and Thom like this.
  4. FortKnox

My new one is an LG Optimus F6. Thanks!
  5. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Thread moved to the forum dedicated to discussing your phone.

... Thom
  6. FortKnox

Aha! I was wondering why it mattered... good call! Thanks...
  7. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

You upgrade from Gingerbread to Jellybean? Have you rooted your phone? Just curious!

How do you like this phone? I'm thinking of getting it next month.
  8. FortKnox

No. I have never & will never do anything like that. (a) I might not get tech support I might someday need. (haven't needed any since the days of the HTC G1. but you never know...) (b) When I eventually upgrade to a new phone, hopefully before the phone just completely conks out, as just happened, hopefully I can sell this one, and a non-rooted phone vs. rooted is just a wider market... (c) I don't know enough about rooting phones to quell silly fears... "What if I break it?"

LOVE IT. I've owned an HTC G1 and an HTC G2 previously. Those were both backed by Google putting it's name behind it, and I'm such a die-hard Googler I figured that was definitely the way to go. Oh wait, I forgot, lemme back up-- before the G1, literally a week after Android phones hit the market, I went to my T-Mo store and just got what they were pushing, which was some phone NOT backed by Google. I learned that weekend that that phone was apparently made more for the Facebook/iPod/light & easy/social-bumblebee crowd, which is not me. After 2 days I returned it, got the G1, loved it, eventually upgraded to a G2... and this FG Optimus F6 is my 1st foray back into phones that Google hasn't placed their branding on. I figured the G1 & G2 were back when Android was still young, and companies who didn't reside in the Googleplex just hadn't had enough time to figure this whole Android thing out yet. But now, after a few years, maybe companies other than Google can "get" this Android thing... AND YES, LG DOES. Double thumbs-up on the Optimus F6-- 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of other phones & more than enough functionality. I didn't buy any memory cards, and that will soon result in another trip to the store since applications are failing to update since there's not enough space. Tip (this may be obvious to you): I useda keep a list of Android apps I liked, so I could easily get a new phone to look like my last, but I've found that visiting https://play.google.com/apps on your phone will show you everything you've ever installed, pick & choose from there. :)