Just used EasyRoot...Now what?

Last Updated:

1. hemplacrosse4

hemplacrosse4 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I just installed EasyRoot because I was so disappointed with the new OTA update I just had to do something...So a few questions that I have are what are some must have apps to have with having a rooted Droid 1.

Not much seems to be different, I am still having lag time from loading up my icons when I go back to home which was originally my main problem with the update. I have so far just downloaded Rom Manager, Wireless Tether, and Set CPU which is set at 600 mhz Max and 125 Mhz, is that alright?

My last question is how do I delete the preinstalled apps?

Custom roms, and kernals whats that all about? Links please haha

Sorry for the newbs questions I'm just really lost and have no idea what I am doing.

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

Check out the sticky at the top: guide to all things root related. You'll get plenty of info there regarding flashing ROMs/kernels/themes and overclocking. Good luck, but just do a lot of reading before trying anything new. There's at least 10 new threads each day about people messing up their phones because they're not paying proper attention to details.

3. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

4. Jcarmicha

Jcarmicha Well-Known Member

First thing I did was download Rom Manager as well as the Premium version and went to town :)

I downloaded Cyanogen first due to how frequent I see updates and figured that it would fit me. Thing is fast and battery life is great on it!

I'll be putting Lithium on my G/F's as it is a little bit more straight forward and a bit easier for her.