• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just want some advice/help please!!!!

JoJo2888

Lurker
Feb 10, 2011
Ok well first things first I appologise if this information has been given before. I'm not one of the tech nerds but my boyfriend is pretty good with it. He rooted my phone a couple weeks ago and as far as I know everything came out sucessful. I have apps that only work if its rooted, like the wireless tethering. But I have had problems deleting some of the stock apps. They'll delete but they end up coming back? Maybe I'm doing it wrong not too sure. I've noticed as well that my phone runs slower, freezes more, and my wifi seems to be a bit off. I should have a full signal and I don't always. It also shuts off sometimes. And I know you can get the free apps but I normally can't them to install, and if they do install they just force close. Is there a specific good source to use to find them? Like there's all these cool things you can do I just don't know where to find them. I'm just hoping that I can get some information to help me or help him better my phone more.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones