1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Just want to get rid of Keyguard at home!

1. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Keygaurd is a secure setting. The very nature of this is to be secure and tamperproof. The fact it partially works is amazing to me. That's why root and secure settings helper are required. Not taskers fault
  2. Johnny LaRue

Johnny LaRue Member

OK, I'll try rooting my phone this weekend. I keep meaning to do it but just haven't found a need to do it until now. Damn that necessary keyguard!
  3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Let me know if you need any help.
  4. Johnny LaRue

Johnny LaRue Member

I rooted my phone, which was a PITA, and reinstalled Tasker, Secure Settings and its Helper. My keyguard turned off reliably for a while but now it's flaky again.

SUroot, if you would post a howto, I'd appreciate it.
  5. shauny13

shauny13 Well-Known Member

never got mine to work, always flaky, tried helper and secure settings without success. :(
  6. Johnny LaRue

Johnny LaRue Member

Yeah, I thought it could have been Lookout causing the flakiness because it can control the keyguard, too. I turned that off but still no luck.

Tried BKayrac's solution again, this time while rooted, but whenever I go and get a notification, the keyguard comes back on.

If I turn Tasker off and on, the keyguard comes off.

I've now also tried installing SQLite Installer for Root as per the Secure Settings site instructions.
  7. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

Have people enabled Secure Settings and Tasker in Settings>Security>Device Administrators?

Don't know if it's necessary but it got my Lock Screen profile working ;)
  8. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

How do you normally unlock your phone? is it by pattern or PIN?

If it is by pattern, then select Pattern Lock in the Secure Settings plugin, instead of Keyguard. It works for me.
  9. shauny13

Yep, still no joy. It's ok until i go to a notification, then i lose it and have to reboot to get it back.....why is this so difficult :confused:
  10. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

I used to have this problem until I used the Pattern Lock option instead of Keyguard. Which are you using?
  11. shauny13

nothing currently, gonna try your suggestion
  12. Johnny LaRue

Johnny LaRue Member

I've been using a pattern lock. How do you use the pattern lock option in Secure Settings. It seems like turning it on by clicking the box is the default. Do you set up the context in reverse? For example, the first task would be leaving home, turn pattern on. Exit task would be coming home, turn pattern off?
  13. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

I have mine where first task is connected to wifi - turn pattern lock off. Exit task, turn pattern lock on.

First setting:

[​IMG]

Then for the exit task I just choose On and save it.

You need to have pattern lock setup in system settings as default, so that tasker can merely disable it.
  14. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

I don't see Pattern Lock as an option in Secure Settings?
  15. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

In that case you need to install Helper. To do that go into your app drawer and open Secure Settings. Go to the Helper tab, and choose the install Helper option. This should then give you an additional section of options in the Secure Settings plugin in Tasker.
    Pinmac1 likes this.
  16. Johnny LaRue

Johnny LaRue Member

OK, I'll try this and let you know how it goes.

Just for everyone else's sake, I had Helper installed but Pattern Lock was not appearing in the options in Secure Settings. Open up SS directly and go under Options to enable it.
  17. Pinmac1

Pinmac1 Well-Known Member

Thanks, that explains it then as I am not rooted so can't install Helper. I understand that this works better under Jellybean so I guess I'll wait until that comes out, hopefully this month, before I try again.
  18. shauny13

No joy here, tried everything. Just think it a one x thing
  19. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

shauny, are you rooted?

EDIT: just saw your details under your avatar. Hmm.

So what exactly is your situation - i.e. what do you have set up/installed?

This is what you need:

1. Set up pattern lock in Settings>Security and Lock Screen
    2. Install Secure Settings
    3. Open Secure Settings. Under Helper tab, install Helper. (Will need/ask for Busybox, iirc)
    4. Make sure in Secure Settings, under Options tab, Pattern Lock is ticked (as these ticked options are what become available in the Tasker plugin)
    5. In Settings>Security and Lock Screen>Device Administrators, tick Tasker and Secure Settings

In Tasker, set up your first task (the one activated when connected to Wifi) as:

Action:
    Plugin>Secure Settings
    Configuration: Pattern Lock>Off

Exit Task:
    Action:
    Plugin>Secure Settings
    Configuration: Pattern Lock>On

That should do it, really.
  20. shauny13

yep it's set up exactly as you have stated, always the same, it's fine till i go to a notification. have tried pin, password,pattern and nothing.

Edit: wiped everything in tasker, started again and followed yours to the letter and seems to be working at the moment (with notifications) Fingers crossed. Will let you know how it goes, and many thanks for your help.
  21. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

(Fingers crossed) I'm glad you got it working :)
  22. Johnny LaRue

Johnny LaRue Member

OK, I tried davoid's step by step and it turns off my pattern lock...but somehow also turns on the slide lock! My Tasker only has this one profile in it at this time. I just don't get it.
  23. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

Dont know on your phone but on my phone if I turn pattern lock on, it replaces swipe lock (my equivalent to your slide lock) and if I turn pattern lock off, swipe lock returns so yeah, that makes sense.
  24. shauny13

so is it possible to disable both? pattern lock turns off for me but swipe lock comes back on
  25. shauny13

ok, now it doesn't work at all. Totally random, sometimes locked other times not. Gadgetwise, i've never been defeated, but this is putting up a damn good fight with my patience. :D