• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root just want to tether

IBNMUDN

Mar 6, 2013
I have a rezound that I have been trying to root now for some time. I followed the guide on how to root. After doing so, my phone now says tampered and unlocked on the hboot screen. I use the root checker app to check for root access and it says I do not have proper root. I need some help on where to go next. My biggest reason for rooting is that I'm on verizon unlimited data and want to use wifi tethering to push it to my tablet. Any help here would be wonderful. Maybe I could put down the Ibuprofen bottle for once.

do you have a recovery installed? if so,all you need to do is flash the superSU file (linked in the download section of the guide) in recovery and you will be rooted.

-place superSU on sd card
-boot to(permanent recovery) or launch(temporary recovery) recovery
-make backup of unrooted rom(optional,but good practice,IMO)
-wipe cache
-wipe dalvik
-flash supeSU
-reboot
-enjoy root :)

Reactions: IBNMUDN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones