Just wanted to RE-EMPHASIZE this....General

Last Updated:

1. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is old news, but I failed to actually try it until months after the incredible was released. To all of you newbies and to those who haven't tried it yet.........if you want way better battery life, after charging your phone while it is on and the light turns green, turn the phone power off, and notice the red charging light re-appears. Let the phone charge until green again, and you will have dramatically better battery life. Of course once we get the official OTA update, I'm sure the charging issue will be fixed, but for now, if you havent tried it yet, please make yourself do it......its great......peace......

Advertisement
  2. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Or just charge while off.

3. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

4. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

5. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

If you have an alarm set, will the phone turn back on in order for it to go off?

6. euph_22

euph_22 Well-Known Member

Not in my experience. If anybody knows how to make it do it, please share with the class.

For me, avoiding the hassle of bump charging is worth having to use my armada of alarm clocks. But that's me.

7. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

8. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

9. Terabethia

Terabethia Well-Known Member

I would much prefer that we EMPHASIZE this thread, which actually explains what is going on.

Long story short, you don't have to turn the phone off and keep charging. Just remove the phone, allow it to sit untouched for 20 minutes until it looses the power it lost, and plug it back in.

Explained in further detail here.

10. adrynalyne

adrynalyne Well-Known Member

11. Jakaro

Jakaro Well-Known Member

12. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

not another battery thread... lol

13. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Try to relax guys, I started this thread to encourage folks like me that have read all of the battery threads, like myself since day one, but hadn't tried it yet. I'm on call at night for emergency surgery, and I cannot turn my phone off to charge this way due to obvious reasons, so I never tried this tip. Others rely on alarm clocks, etc., and they haven't tried it yet either due to it just not being practical. Well after months of crap battery life, I just decided to make myself turn it off in the morning for 20-30 minutes and see if there is really a difference. So, again, to those of you that can relate to not being able to turn your phone power off, find a way to do it, it really helps.....to all of the we must police every thread to make sure we show a picture of a dead horse, please get a life.....go outside once in awhile, spend some time with your families, read a book, ride a bike, exercise, do something worth doing....

14. BetaMan

BetaMan Well-Known Member