Advertisement
  2. Joeydroid

Joeydroid Well-Known Member

3. XTheEnthusiastX

XTheEnthusiastX Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm sure they will build a mobile nuclear reactor to run XD

4. robhs

robhs Well-Known Member

it's just like any other tech device you buy, as soon as you buy it, it is obsolete.
    I think we have to ask ourselves "How much do we really need?".
    The focus should be about selling a product that is reliable and fully functional (GPS).

5. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Maybe we need to just take the fricking processor chip and put it on our phone =D

6. Loremonger

Loremonger Well-Known Member

From the article: "... you can drive two displays on your mobile device while feeding a third, such as a HDTV, all thanks to the one all-powerful chip inside..."

Looks like my prediction of a pocket PC in the next 5 years might be coming to the cell phone market by, what, next Summer? Pop it into a dock and have dual monitors, full keyboard and mouse, speakers, the whole nine yards. By 2012, we'll be doing hard-core gaming on these things.

7. robphelan

robphelan Well-Known Member

i wonder when devices will become available? i may have to keep the wife on the old iPhone so I can pick one of these up with a 2 yr renewal.

8. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

I think by the time this design is proven enough and makes its way to market devices, it will be time to upgrade your Captivate.

9. NorCal Einstein

NorCal Einstein Well-Known Member

Agreed. This is farrr from a new lineup of Orion based phones.

10. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

You should just be happy when they don't release an updated version of your phone before you make it out the front door after purchasing it.

11. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

Yeah... you're not going to see this in any cellphone, for a while. I don't even think the estimates of a year are even close to accurate.

Unless of course, you want to walk around with a battery pack strapped to your waist.

12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Now why would samsung put something out there to steal sells away from the galaxy s lineup. It's to early for them to do that. With that being said, expect a delay.

13. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

Samsung is in the electronics industry mostly, where if you wait to long, someone else will steal your thunder. The cell Phone market, much like the Pc and TV and heck any other electronic gadget market is fast moving and very fluid. As soon as you buy your phone you have to be prepared for them to announce the "next new big thing". As long as you are happy with your phone I usually ignore announcements like this as they will only fustrate most of the gadget geeks with "tight" pockets.

14. DT

DT Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think phone based implementation is way off. It would make a great CPU option for a tablet with a really stout battery.

I do chuckle sometimes at the amount/performance of CPU/RAM/etc in our *PHONES*.

15. XTheEnthusiastX

XTheEnthusiastX Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully this won't be in phones for at least close to a year so I can at least feel like I will have a *decent* phone for a little while. From the tone of the article it seemed like these Orion chips would be implemented in the next wave of phones this holiday season lol.

16. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

So much for the Galaxy S as their Flagship line! It will be the shortest flagship line in a long line of hyper fast take overs!

But as the saying goes, when you purchase any electronic devices in todays market, it is outdated on the day it gets launched. All we mere humans can hope for is that we get at least some bang for our buck! One would hope that the two year contract we all signed up for to get these Flagship phones, would at least remain so for 18 months. It looks like we'll be lucky to get 6-9 months out of this Flagship line...

Geeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

17. ComradeQuestion

ComradeQuestion Well-Known Member

in the android world nothing stays top of the line for long lol just get something that lasts you for a bit lol because youll go broke trying to stay top of the line.

18. darkendandroid23

darkendandroid23 Well-Known Member

Yup if there was a like this i would agree with what you said! Are you from NBR comrade question? Just keep up with what you can keep up with, it sometimes really is not worth spending that 600 for a phone it's insane! Don't get me started with the imported ones.

19. goodm0urning

goodm0urning Well-Known Member

i feel like you are absolutely correct

20. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

I find the fast product development cycles very exciting. While there are some that cite this as a drawback of Android, as compared to others that spend longer like the iPhone for example, there is an advantage. Conversely from the standpoint of out of pocket expense for users that want to have the latest, it's obviously an expensive proposition. That said, if one chooses wisely & let's go of the desire for the latest & greatest, there is a lot of enjoyment to be had with the phone in your hand.

21. jdCaptivate

jdCaptivate Well-Known Member

The problem with tech advances like this, is the other side... battery development isn't anywhere close to the level needed to power a dual-core chipset, in a device as small as a phone. As DT mentioned, sure... there's more than likely a market for this on a tablet platform... but phones? Not a snowball's chance in Hades.

I would expect that this will find its way into the next gen Samsung tablet (since they already have one slated for release in the next month or two).

22. gusbus

gusbus New Member

I would be really, really surprised if they actually got that thing out by the first half of 2011. And even if they do you have to realize that this thing came out in august 8/10. If Sammy is quick theyll have the new ones out by 6/11 at the earliest. thats 10 whole months that our processor will continue to reign supreme.