• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Just wondering if anyone is using their Nexus with Straight Talk?

I'm using my Galaxy Nexus on Straight Talk as well. So far it's been great (although admittedly, I've only had it for a few days now). I ported my number over to Google Voice, and I just use that on my Galaxy Nexus on the Straight Talk line. I'm using it with a Straight Talk AT&T SIM (T-mobile coverage is basically non-existent in my area) and I'm getting speeds at around 3 Mbps on HSPA+. That's not too high from what I've heard, but I'm content with it as it's a huge upgrade over the 300 kbps I was getting on Sprint 3G here. The only real issue I've had with it is getting visual voicemail to work properly through Google Voice (since Straight Talk doesn't have native visual voicemail). It works through the Google Voice widget, but not through the phone dialer which it supposedly is able to do in ICS. I don't know if it's not working because there's a setting or something that I'm unaware of, or if it's not working because I rooted my phone and am using a custom ROM.

Overall though, I highly recommend going with Straight Talk. It's going to save me about $1600 over two years from the closest plan on AT&T.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones