Just wow

Last Updated:

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. baddress

baddress Well-Known Member

Due to extensive unionization AT&T has a different cost structure from many other wireless companies so generally speaking they often do not subsidize as many features in their phones. (They also don't want anything to interfere with their iPhone sales!)

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Damn. That's annoying.

On the bright side, they won't get as many compatible cases.

4. BigCiX

Pathetic!!!!! I can't wait for that apple to lose its exclusively with at&t.

5. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

it does cost 50$ extra too

6. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

hopefully a lot of the zombies will jump over to vzw so data wouldnt be so clogged :)

7. Boldt

Boldt Well-Known Member

Agreed :)

8. BigCiX

it's not $199 like the other galaxy s phones?

9. Fate0n3

Fate0n3 Well-Known Member

Man I would have def paid the $50 more :(

10. CrimsonPride

CrimsonPride Well-Known Member

nope its 250 on contract, i dont know about off contract

11. bill.g

bill.g Well-Known Member

Sorry can not blame this on the union, since even non-union telcos screw the customers as well.

12. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

No, of course not. Flash isn't really thattttttttttttt useful. I mean, you gotta count the quality of pictures when you use flash, and the amount of times you actually want to take pictures in the dark.

13. Android_J

Android_J Well-Known Member

Flash isn't just for taking pictures. It helps when you're taking video in dark places such as nightclubs, etc. You can also use it as a (quite) bright flashlight in a pinch. I'd rather have it and not need it vs not having it and needing it.

So this means both the Epic 4G and Fascinate get flash? Dear AT&T, hope you choke.

14. CaCHooKa Man

CaCHooKa Man Well-Known Member

of course at&t would have them take off the two features that would draw people away from the iphone, camera flash and a front facing camera. the original galaxy S doesnt have a flash either though.

15. BigCiX

I honestly feel like that's the main reason. Screw at&t in the f

16. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Each market area has slightly different pricing. Here in CA the Captivate is $199.00, if you ask you may do better. I spent 30 minutes in my local AT&T store building a rapport with the manager. Walked out with my new Captivate for just $99.00 + tx.

17. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

Doesn't the Fascinate also using Bing as the search and map provider? Either way, I wouldn't be mad about something that isn't even included in the original version of the Galaxy S (although I don't care for a flash at all). If anything, I'm more pissed that AT&T took the camera away, and I don't even care for that either. When you remove something that's in the original device, now that's something to be pissed about.

Hands-on with the Verizon Fascinate | Android Central

18. mongstradamus

mongstradamus Well-Known Member

Vzw really does have a nice lineup of phones with droid x,incredilble,2 and fascinate. I wonder if AT&T is ever gonna stop nerfing their phones because they don't want to offend apple.

19. lionheartck

lionheartck Member

The backflip has a flash and front facing camera. There goes your argument. The front facing camera is probably because at&ts network is in no shape for videoconferencing over 3G. You guys will just have to update your myspace profile pic by guessing... Boohoo.

Cancel hour contract and go get you some vzw, or stfu.

20. BigCiX

Dude, calm the f*ck down!!! Some people actually get tired of AT&T's crap. All they do is put their attention on apple. Why didn't they messs with apple's front facing camera or flash. I'll tell u why......cause they're all on apple's nuts!!! The phone should of had stayed the same from the original galaxy s phone. AT&T can be full of shit somtime. Rollover is the only positive thing from that carrier!

21. tysj

tysj Well-Known Member

They don't mess with it because...the phone is exclusive to AT&T and why remove something given the original intent. The Captivate is barely gimped at all. Bloatware is a given on any network. The removal of the front-facing camera is understandable as no network is able to support it as of right now besides Sprint. Preventing sideblocking was an attempt to protect the customer from ruining their devices and expecting them to make up for it(although I still don't like the idea, but it's an easy fix). Other than that, the phone is still the same Galaxy S that released overseas, and possibly better since it has 16gb onboard storage. The influx of ungimped Android devices (Aria, Captivate, Streak, Aero) coming to AT&T are signs that the iPhone is leaving the network.

22. 3gAndroid

3gAndroid Well-Known Member

Very well said ... :)

23. ardyer

ardyer Well-Known Member

And to point out that the International Galaxy S does not have a flash either, so it's not like AT&T had Samsung remove it, but that Verizon had Samsung add it.

24. vapor311

vapor311 Well-Known Member

all 4 release versions of the galaxy s line were to have flash and front side cameras, the pre release format had them. ATT did not start balking over this until MY company did wanna guess who I work for? Its a fruit you eat.

25. Ferris23

Ferris23 Well-Known Member

I've used the flash on my iPhone 4 twice. It makes people look like they have demon eyes. I mean it's cool to have, but I bought the Captivate not caring one bit about it not having flash.

If I plan on needing a phone with flash I just use my iPhone 4. Still though, I hardly use it. Night mode on the Captivate is actually really good.

lol @ people willing to pay 50 bucks more to have flash on a cell phone camera? really?