• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K-9 Email

The send email function has not worked in K-9 with my godaddy IMAP accounts since July. I don't remember changing any settings. All I have done is download the latest update from the Market. Since then, I also am getting K-9 errors and I have to force close it at least once a day. This never happened before. I am using version 3.003. I seem to be receiving email ok. Can anyone please help with ability to send email from my Droid? I have the outgoing server set to SSL (if available) and Port 465. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I know what my server settings are - they are correct. I changed the SSL settings a few times, then took it back to the original setting. Then I noticed that the Require Sign-in Box was unchecked for some reason. I checked, input my user/PW info, and it seems to be working now. I do not know how it became unchecked - it must have been checked originally because I sent several messages up until August. But, fingers crossed, it seems to be working now. Thank you.

Upvote 0
My phone was out of storage so anytime I wanted to install a new program, I had to uninstall an old one. I installed Diskusage to see what was causing it and K9 mail was taking 95MB. I deleted all messages from the trash and inbox folder and it was the same. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it is now normal. Any ideas why K9 mail was taking so much storage?

Upvote 0
This has been driving my nuts! I have 3 email accounts in my K-9 email. The gmail account has multiple folder options for "move" and also has the "archive" function. I have a private business pop3 account in their as well but this account doesn't have those options. I'm unable to find a way to add folders or activate these functions. I need to be able to SAVE certain emails in this account and can't figure out a way to do it. PLEASE HELP!

Unfortunately, if I can't figure this out I have to look for an alternative....AGAIN!

Upvote 0
I am a dumb a$$, I think. My earlier question was why K9 mail was taking 95MB of my phone storage because I had not deleted messages from the trash folder. I went to settings/account settings/storage ( You have to scroll down to see storage, duh) and change it to External storage SD Card). I had looked for that option but I never found it because I did not scroll down to see it. :mad:

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the K-9 e-mail app. How do I know if it's in use? I can't find the new icon...

I'm hoping this app works for me. I just left the BB world to the Droid X. I loved the BB because I got my e-mails right now. Is this app going to be quicker as far as receiving e-mails.

If I could get a little help on setting it up... that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded the K-9 e-mail app. How do I know if it's in use? I can't find the new icon...

I'm hoping this app works for me. I just left the BB world to the Droid X. I loved the BB because I got my e-mails right now. Is this app going to be quicker as far as receiving e-mails.

If I could get a little help on setting it up... that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Check in your app drawer under K... icon is a reddish dog.

Upvote 0
I just started using K-9 after I was trying to send an email to myself using the stock email (POP account), mistyped my own email addy (rather I put in the first part figuring it would auto-complete...it didn't), and then couldn't view or edit the message...my only option was to delete it. Unacceptable.

I'm liking K-9 so far, though I don't entirely like having to use the menu key to bring up the reply/send buttons. Also it's not exactly new user-friendly...I had to look up how to get the notification light to work. Too many different layers of settings, which is great for customization, but again, not incredibly user-friendly. I'll probably be able to figure out everything I need to get it up and running, but I could see someone who isn't as much of a geek as I am running into problems.

Upvote 0
(laughs) Well, I've used Pegasus, Eudora, Outlook, WinMo and PalmOS for email previously, so I think I'm up to the challenge. I probably could have found the light notification options on my own eventually, but doing a net-search was faster. :)

I'm liking it so far, though I don't think I'll ever be a fan of the two-click approach for replies (partly because I have a DX, so one of those clicks is a hard button), but I can live with it. And the stock email app really did tee me off with the inability to edit queued messages. WTF?

Upvote 0
Hello,
I don't seem to be able to find a menu which will allow me to compose a message. i can receive messages and reply to them however, there is no menu to click on to compose a new message.
I've tried the standard email and k-9 email.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks

In K-9, when you're in screen that displays list of messages, press device Menu key (has lines on it) and Compose is one of the choices.

Upvote 0
Is there a way to "undelete" messages? I deleted all my mail by mistake (and I didn't know that the confirm deletion wasn't on by default), when I was going to mark all as read, and my thick thumb hit the bin-icon...
Can't find a way to move them back to the inbox.
And how do you excactly create new folders?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones