1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

K9 Email App - Inbox

Last Updated:

1. newandroiduser79

newandroiduser79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I have an HTC Magic and am using the K9 Email App to run two email accounts. This question may have been answered elsewhere however I cannot seem to find an answer that helps so far!

Both accounts say that I have new email message in my Inbox, however when I go into the Inbox, there are no messages there. If I then select 'Mark all messages as read' it says:

'Mark all messages in 'Inbox' as read? (including messages in the folder that are not displayed in K-9)

How do I access the emails that it says I have, but cannot see?

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. GriZlore

GriZlore Member

I may have the same problem.. I think like me, all your emails are being deleted. Are you "polling" frequently? as I have a similar problem

When I press

3. newandroiduser79

newandroiduser79 New Member This Topic's Starter

Mine doesn't seem to delete the messages (so long as I haven't downloaded them onto my computer).

4. MadDogMikeATL

MadDogMikeATL New Member

I know this is an old thread, but it was never really answered. What does it mean by "messages in the folder that are not displayed"? Why would there be messages in the folder that are not displayed???

Thanks,
    Mike

5. AngryHatter

AngryHatter Well-Known Member

I don't use K9 but on mine, the app loads 50 emails at a time.
    The box may have hundreds of emails but why download headers if you are not going to open them?
    So my guess is K9 is offering to delete ALL the email in the folder and not just what it loaded onto your phone.

6. MadDogMikeATL

MadDogMikeATL New Member

When you say it "loads" 50 at a time, you mean load for viewing or actually download? I wouldn't think it's even possible for K9 to "mark as read" emails that it hasn't even downloaded. But maybe you're saying that, let's say it downloaded 75 messages, but only the newest 50 are actually displayed at a time. In that case when you "mark all as read" you could also be marking 25 messages that aren't actually visible. I guess that makes sense.