1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

K9 Email Client Configuration Settings For PUSH not POLL w/Yahoomail

Last Updated:

1. hugobarb

hugobarb Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am trying to use the K9 application with Yahoomail on my Droid Incredible. Yahoomail does not work the way I like with the standard HTC email client. It does not save email to sent items when I reply something I really like and when I delete it does not put the items on the server into trash. I have a few questions about the K9 yahoomail setup with PUSH rather than Poll.

1. Does Yahoomail on K9 support PUSH without polling? I want to save battery and avoid polling plus I simply like push better.
    2. If it does support PUSH for incoming what is the full setup and configuration to get this to work. I have tried it and it does not seem to download test email. But if I perform a Poll it does.

I am using imap.mail.yahoo.com 143

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Advertisement
  2. nicebwoy

nicebwoy New Member

Hi Hugobarb:
    Did you get this resolved? I am going through this process now too and want to know if poll and push should both be enabled.

Thanks

-Benjie

3. Video_freak

Video_freak Active Member

I'd also like to know whether push or occasionally polling is better for battery life. I know push sucks way more power in the stock email app, but this one doesn't use active syncing so it should be better than polling, no?