• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

k9 email shows messages as read

kamaleon

Feb 23, 2010
I have just installed k9 email and when I receive messages, they show up as read. How can I fix that? I have setup the account as imap and it is the only place when my emails get downloaded.

Any clues?

I also have the problem that some messages in my inbox appear with a different color than others...

New Gmail messages show up prpoerly as unread. But my work email server (POP) now shows all incoming emails as read.

The obvious answer is that you've already read the messages somewhere else before you check on your work system -- so you'd expect them to be read.

If you haven't read them, is K-9 set to download all the messages periodically? If so, stop it from doing so, send that account a test message, and see if it shows up read at work. If not, suspect K-9. If so, suspect the mail server at work is the cause.

If it's K-9, let us know and someone will scour the K-9 settings to see what we can find.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones