• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

K9 Mail - message header display "option"?

batlbot

Lurker
Nov 16, 2011
I have a weird one and can't seem to find anyone else with the same problem.

I use K9 mail, have for the last 2 years on my EVO 4g. I just got a new GS4 and loaded up K9 and now it acts just a bit differently than it used to and I can not for the life of me figure out why.

When I open a message to read it, the message automatically "scrolls" to the top of the message content, leaving the to: and from: header info hidden "above" the screen. When I am serially reading emails, each new one pops up on my screen as a mystery as to who it is from. If you have never tried to quickly scan emails without 1st peeking at the from: field, it is a very flow-wrenching experience. I have to stop, scroll up a tiny bit to see who this email is from for my first level of filtering. SO annoying.

Did that make sense to anyone?
TL;DR version - opening an email from the inbox, the program "hides" the to: from: info beyond the top of the screen, instead of just having that be the topmost of the display.

any ideas? I have scoured the million settings dialogs to no avail. and like I said, it never did this before the GS4..

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones