• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root K9 Mail

So I just flashed to kaos v38 a couple days ago and I noticed today that K9 mail did not install. I went looking for it in the market and it seems to be downloading endlessly. I tried to start another download and thought maybe it would trick it into working but that failed to install. I can't cancel the download it just forecloses the market. Any ideas?

The Froyo ROMs all seem to have similar issues with the market for me, though they do usually eventually update.

You say that you are using Kaos V38; there is apparently some sort of issue with the kernel included with that version that is fixed by installing Conap's CFS V8 kernel. Copy that .zip file to your SD card, like you did Kaos, and flash it from Recovery without doing a data wipe/factory reset - do a wipe Dalvik cache only instead.

[GPL]2.6.29.6 CFS Kernel V8 11/9/10 - xda-developers

I'd also go into settings->applications->manage applications, click the All tab at the top, scroll down to and tap on Market when it finishes refreshing and tap "Clear data". Go back into the market, accept the terms, and see if the install finishes then.

Upvote 0
yes, I've had this issue randomly, when you go into market, then downloads.. you see the download/install bar locked up.. DONT click on the item.. as that will take you into the details and FC you back to home. Instead, LONG press the item.. and a popup appears, your options are Detail or Cancel. Just choose cancel... issue resolved, now click on the item in the below section of downloads (should come up as not installed, or update) initiate the install again, and boom your issue is gone.

it just happens very randomly.

IF the item doesn't want to install... simple fix is delete market data/ and cache, if that doens't work do the same thing again (data/cache) then delete the .android-security folder on the SD card.

Galcon was being a super B!tch to install after a clean system wipe...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones