• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bstressfree

May 21, 2013
OK,I hope that got me the attention that I need here.
I have a new PROSCAN PLT7777 tablet. Very happy with it. I got a cheapo USB keyboard from Amazon. The keyboard has a full size USB plug but included a USB to microUSB adapter. So I got the idea to plug the keyboard into a standard 4 Port usb hub and plug the hub into the adapter so that i could add a mouse. COOL, now I have a keyboard and mouse on my tablet.
Hmmmm, 2 ports left......I know....a printer. Found an app that says it can run my printer, haven't tried it yet,
Now here's where I'm scaring myself. I have one port available on the hub. I wonder if I can use it to charge my tablet while I'm running all these peripherals? I got myself a male to male USB cable. I can plug one end into a wall charger and the other end into the USB hub. WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN??? I'm afraid to try. Has anyone else tried this? I don't care if I fry the hub but I'm afraid that I'll hurt my tablet.
Has anyone tried this? Anyone know enough about the electrical aspects to tell me if it's gonna work or explode in my face?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones