Kang and Exchange

Last Updated:

1. Magic Monkey

Magic Monkey Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I recently rooted my phone and am quickly turning into a ROM addict. I'm currently running Kangerade 5.0.9 with the blue theme. Previous to this I was on Kangerade 4.0.7 with the Green theme. Prior to switching over to version 5, I had no problems linking to my work Exchange account. Now whenever I try to set it up I get a message stating "Unable to open connection to server." As I mentioned, this has always worked before. I downloaded the demo version of Touchdown and it can connect just fine to my server. When upgrading from 4.0.7 to 5.0.9 I wiped data and cache.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, it eventually worked but it took a few tries.

I also had wi-fi issues (connecting but not passing traffic) with the 1.2ULV ChevyNo1 kernel, so I reflashed the kernel and that fixed the issue.

-Mike

3. Magic Monkey

I've tried multiple times. The problem is that it doesn't even seem like it's trying. As soon as I hit Next on the Server settings page, it instantly gives me the error. You'd think it would try for 30 seconds, at least.

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Yeah, it is pretty much instant.

Have you applied a different kernel than stock???

-Mike

5. Magic Monkey

I haven't. I'm using the one that came with Kangerade 5.0.9

6. Italian Angel

Italian Angel Active Member

I'm having the same issue since last night. I was on kang v5.0.9 and receiving emails fine though, then yesterday I flashed sapphire 0.8.4 and a few kernels, THEN flashed back to chevy's ss 4.4 which I had tried out for a day or two in between kang and sapphire. For whatever reason, even after wiping several times and flashing the update.zip again, AND trying to restore to the last time my Exchange ActiveSync was working...it still isn't working! I'm getting the same error you are.

Please update if you have any resolution or ideas why it's happening.