• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root kaos legendary for eris

Has anyone used Kaos Legendary? I was thinking about flashing it. I just do not want to go through the trouble if it is not really working. I know it is in Alpha so some stuff isnt going to work but if i can get through the day then it will be ok.

I have not used it yet. I have just read the thread over at XDA. But, I would not recommend it as an everyday rom yet. I think there is still a lot of work that needs to be done. But, from what I have read so far it is looking promising. You might want to install it to try, but I would always recommend doing a nandroid backup because you will probably be restoring it.

Jeff

Reactions: ericDylan
Upvote 0
KaosLegendary is not an every day rom. It is basically a completely messed up rom that you can make phone calls from. The menus are all screwy and sized wrong since it was just a quick dump from a smaller phone (screenwise) to a larger screen (Yes there are phones with smaller screens than the eris)

It is barely usable but that's not Kaos's fault an artist has to work with the media he's given, the rom wasn't designed for the Eris, but he made it work. Given some time I'm sure there will be some improvements.

One little neat feature is it plays a little tune during the boot animation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones