• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KaosFroyo 34: setCPU and OpenVPN

ifh

Apr 6, 2010
Hi, folks,

Does KaosFroyo v34 have SetCPU built in? Or is it even compatible with this kernel? If yes, where do I find it? I really want to tweak things to see if I can get this battery to last longer.

Also, any idea how to set a CA/user certificates in:
Settings>Wireless & Networks>VPN Settings>Add VPN>Add OpenVPN VPN
(when I select either of those, the only option I have is "Cancel")

I attached a screenshot of phone info in case that helps you answer my questions.

Thank you!
screenshot1z.png

Let me start by saying I have never connected to vpn and don't really know much about them. That being said you are running my kernel there. I did learn from my research that for vpn there needs to be a tun.ko file compiled against the kernel sources. I did make the tun.ko file for that kernel but I do not know if Kaos included it in the rom. When I open those same settings for vpn on my phone I do have the options to input the vpn name and server as well as set CA certificates and such so if you do not have those options available I would reccomend you flash the zip with my V5 kernel in it. It will also install the tun.ko file needed for vpn's. I have not gotten feedback of wether or not it works so if you could test it out and let me know it would be a help. You can get the kernel and modules here.... [GPL]2.6.29.6 CFS Kernel V5 9/16/10 - xda-developers
I should mention I'm not running KaosFroyo so my settings might be different then yours. I think the kernel in V34 was my BFS kernel and the one with the tun.ko is my CFS kernel which is what is being used in KaosFroyoV35. Either way try flashing the kernel from that link and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
Ok i would like to get this figure out...do you have the CA certificate...when googling I found that you need to put the CA certificate on your sd card then go to settings/location and security/install from sd card/ have you tried installing it like that and then see if your certificate then show's up in the list under vpn settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones