Kaosfroyo: Ive done wipe but...

Last Updated:

1. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Before I flash I always do a wipe but I noticed the keyboard runs very slow on websites. pinch to zoom is also slow....

am I not wiping correctly? I always do the two wipes bit web pages are slow...

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Some users with that complaint report better performance following a few reboots after flashing a ROM.

3. dracozny

dracozny Well-Known Member

after flashing any rom reboot! its pretty much a rule for me, cause the first time it boots it will have all sorts of glitches for one reason or another.
    flash
    load any backups sms/apps/etc..
    reboot
    play

4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Sure.

My main point is that more than one reboot can help; I'll reboot following the first boot up, tweak, reboot again, etc, often three or four times before I consider the new ROM to be set in.

Starting with a battery at 100% prior to the flash is important.

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The first time that Kaos Froyo installs it will run slowly as it continues to sync with your Google account and Cyanogen. When you went through that last step in the install, it showed you what the sync icon looked like. Once that initial sync is done, things get much faster.

Also, if you are using the default HTC_IME keyboard - the one that looks like stock Eris - you can improve performance by turning off haptic feedback on keypress. You may also want to switch to the multi-touch keyboard. It's kind of ugly, but I find it faster.

To get it, long-press on any text input field, choose the option to select input method, and change it. If you don't like it, you can always change back.

I also like to suggest to people the third-party keyboard called SwiftKey. It takes up a lot of space on the Eris when it is activated, but its ability to guess what you are planning to type is fantastic, and gets better as you use it more. You can try that one as well.

SwiftKey Keyboard Beta - Android app on AppBrain

cbd2f420 likes this.