kaosfroyo...should i reinstall??

Last Updated:

1. gonefishin96

gonefishin96 Active Member This Topic's Starter

was rooted before with xtrasense and then switched to kaosfroyo which was awasome at first and i still love the layout so much better but after a couple days my battery life went to crap and the phone got so especailly when flipping through screens or trying to leave an app. also i started to get a error in the brower (which has also been way slower) saying that activity browser has failed? so now what is there settings i can change or should i just wipe and start over?

note i did a full wipe before installing kaosfroyo

THANKS for any help:)

Advertisement
  2. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You may also want to run the included Autokiller app and set it to either the Strict or Moderate preset.

4. ppbb

ppbb Well-Known Member

when you say full wipe you mean data wipe AND dalvik wipe?

5. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Oh, also one more thing: if you tried to install flash, that would be a problem. You'd definitely need to wipe and reflash.

Another thing to look at when the phone is sucking battery is to see if you are having a sync loop. I was having issues (this is going back to stock Eris, by the way) with my phone having an error syncing Google contacts, making it try to sync continuously, which made the battery drop really fast. Settings->accounts & sync, see if everything is just continuously syncing (you'd also see the sync indicator in the status bar almost all of the time if this were happening.)