• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KaosFroyo v27

So what exactly doesn't work? Is the LED bug fixed? Trackball notifications? In-call proximity sensor? Just want to make sure all of those are fixed. I see that the camera is fixed now, which is great... that was one of the main things holding me back from this ROM.

Also do you have any random reboots? I've been getting those increasingly often on ErisLightningBolt 2.8, and it's getting quite annoying... but the fact that the proximity sensor works perfectly and there's a dialpad when in-call are the two things that keep me from going back to White Widow.

Lastly, for Apps2SD on Froyo, do you have to individually move every app? Or is there a setting like the ones built into the 2.1 ROMs where you just check it on and it does it itself from then on?

Thanks to anyone who has these answers :D

Upvote 0
LED, trackball notifications, prox sensor are all working for me and no random reboots. Also, you do not have to move every app. As far as I know, it does it all for you.

My only complaints so far are some random lag, poor battery life, and that it seems to run a little hot... I've heard reports of great battery life though, so I'm going to give it a few days to see if it improves...

edit: I haven't yet flashed v28. still on v27.

Upvote 0
testing it out. So far everything seems to work. Im not sure what I am doing wrong though because this is slow as dirt compared to xtr. Also seems to be eating battery at a faster pace as well.

[edit]

Wifi wont connect to network.

[Edit]

Well after several hours of play, I have to say this. I really like 2.2. It seems very polished and is a pleasure to use, HOWEVER, it is really really slow on my phone so I have to switch back. The screen responsiveness being super super slow, wireless not working... just a deal breaker.

I do recommend this rom however to anyone that does not mind slower performance. Its a great rom but just is not working for me. My phone has been up for renewal for a year now (long story about why I have an eris) maybe when I get a new phone with the newer specs you can bet I will use 2.2 in all its natural glory (I will have to they will all have it by default).

nice work by punk.kaos on this rom really nice work.

Upvote 0
I like it but it does seem slow.

I though so too until I tweaked some things. Now it has become my default rom and is probably faster and more stable than any other rom I have tried so far.

If you want it to run fast, try this:

1. Ditch Adw and install Launcher Pro. 90% of the slowness comes from Adw!
2. Go to settings/display/animation and turn off all animations. They might look neat, but youll be surprised at how fast the phone is without them.
3. Under LauncherPro preferences, go to Advanced Settings and change the opening speed to 10 for both options.
4. Install setcpu and set it for 245,710 for normal use, and 245,480 for when the screen is off. Kaos rom is already overclocked to 710 so this is just for extra battery life.

Seriously, after doing this my phone flies like it has never done before on any 2.1 based rom. Changing between apps is instant and everything is extremely responsive. I love this rom!

Upvote 0
I do recommend this rom however to anyone that does not mind slower performance. Its a great rom but just is not working for me. My phone has been up for renewal for a year now (long story about why I have an eris) maybe when I get a new phone with the newer specs you can bet I will use 2.2 in all its natural glory (I will have to they will all have it by default).

nice work by punk.kaos on this rom really nice work.

It's running just as fast on my device as XTR did. I'm not running SetCPU, so it's overclocked at the default 710/245 settings that PK put in. Other than that, though I disabled Surface Dithering (Cyanogenmod Settings), and increased the VM heap size from 16 to 24. I left JIT enabled as it is pretty much the entire reason to use Froyo.

Not sure what's slowing you down. Did you wipe the device before and after flashing?

Upvote 0
Why can't I install anything from the market? Some did, most didn't.

Help?

Market is one of the more wiggy apps, I've noticed from time to time.. probably traffic.

I went ahead and did a live battery pull once when it just sat there when I pressed the "install" button; that worked, perhaps a reboot would have worked then, too.. or even merely a wait of five or ten minutes and another try.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to flash the HTC Eris Ver 2.1 firmware to the Cricket network? Got partial flash but cannot use 3g and need it.

Please help.

LCRoadrunner

Hello Icroadrunner. Welcome to the forums.

I'm thinking that you may get better results by beginning a new thread with your query. ;)

But your question prompted me to search around a bit.. I found a thread titled, "Eris fully on Cricket," which describes a method that requires a rooted device:

http://androidforums.com/all-things...ully-cricket-root-reqd.html?highlight=cricket

I'm hoping that is helpful in your situation, but encourage you to do a search in here so that perhaps you'll recognize a thread or post that answers your question better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones