kaosfroyo v30 blinking LED notifications...

Last Updated:

1. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

anyone getting these? i am not my trackball lights up for texts tho. it's the only thing that doesn't work for me at the moment. other than that this phone is amazing. it's not noticeably faster than my eris on 2.1 (i got lucky!) but the dialer (which i had numerous problems with) is actually functioning correctly. THIS is the way the eris should have worked out of the box!!

also, i havent done any over clocking tweaks. is that done by set cpu? i need to pay the $2 for it in the market, right?

Advertisement
  2. Ty07allstar

Ty07allstar Well-Known Member

Try to wipe and reinstall, and you can get SetCPU for free but I bought it from the Market.

3. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

My trackball is flashing perfectly for all notifications that I ask it to do. As for SetCPU, I was noticing that the Eris seemed laggy sometimes with kaos froyo, so yesterday I removed it and restarted and it has been running much faster, and spending less battery, than it was before. (I was not using the widget, so that wasn't causing any issues.) Perhaps my SetCPU config wasn't done properly, and I may try it again - I like having the failsafe for high temp.

4. Gongadin

Gongadin Member

Most of the lagginess I've found is with ADW launcher, not the ROM itself. I used Launcher Pro now instead, and what a world of difference. Much smoother and faster. As far as SetCPU, the ROM is set to 710mhz max on it's own, but using SetCPU for failsafe is always a good idea.

My trackball notifications were fairly inconsistent with pre-v30, but now with v30 is seems much more consistent. The LED is actually only supposed to be for charging, not notifications, even though it did do that before, possibly a Sense thing.

5. rick311

my trackball is fine. it's the green LED in the upper right hand corner of the phone that doesnt flash for notifications.

Also (THIS MIGHT BE THE DEAL BREAKER FOR ME) the screen stays on all the time if i am making a phone call with a wired headset plugged in.

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I believe that this is by design. Kaos initially had the LED flash for notifications, and had trouble with the LED staying lit if you were also charging, charged to full, and pulled it off power. He may have fixed that briefly, but then changed notifications to flash the trackball instead. I believe the trackball only flashes when the display is off and there is no USB connection.

7. rick311

i can live with the trackball flashing instead of the green light.

do you know about the screen staying on with a wired headset plugged in?

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

No, sorry. I never use one myself.