Framework merge from CM6 stable.
    Fix HTC_IME Voice search.
    Did I mention speed?

[ROM]KaosFroyo V32 [08/30] [FROYO] - xda-developers

Advertisement
    heyjoojoo likes this.
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Loaded it up this morning. So far, so good...

3. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

I'm liking it. Clock speed is set to 245 / 528 and its running great.

4. Merlin615

Merlin615 Member

Did Dalvik wipe and loaded on top of V31, so far so good, little sluggish on reboot but not bad, haven't tried camera yet, though they are saying over at XDA sounds like it's still having issues, just after taking picture.

5. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

So far so good for me. Super fast! I have mine set to 604/480 without any lag at all.

Only issue I've seen with all of the Kaosfroyo roms is with Music.apk. For some reason my phone tries to launch the music player and play an unknown song. It does this at random times and will continue doing it. The only thing that fixes is the issue is deleting Music.apk. I don't listen to music on my phone, so it's really a non-issue for me. It's possible I just need a clean install to fix the problem, but I don't feel like starting over. For now, I'll just delete the apk on every new version. No big deal.

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

FWIW, that does not happen to me. I would have stopped using a ROM that did that by now. Wiping isn't as bad as it sounds - I actually just did it yesterday with v31 (as I was having FCs with the keyboard), and it didn't take very long. Let kf sync and reinstall all of my apps; restore my SMS with SMS Backup & Restore; Do a user app and data batch restore from Titanium, and it took another few minutes to change some of the settings back (i.e., turn on WiFi, turn off animations, change notification sounds back to what I wanted.)

7. kevhow

kevhow Well-Known Member

Yeah I know, wiping isn't bad. I've done it lots of times in the last couple months, as I've changed ROMs quite a few times. It's just an easier fix to jump into root explorer and delete that one file. If it was something I used all the time like the camera or messaging, I would've abandoned this ROM long ago. Everything else works so perfectly, I don't want to mess with a good thing.

8. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

I just purchased Titanium backup before upgrading to v32 and it made the process so much easier. I backed up all app and system settings and after I did a clean wipe I did a restore. The only thing I had to touch was setcpu and autokiller. Everything else was back the way I had it.

9. VolcanicR31GN

VolcanicR31GN Active Member

Just flashed my phone and I'm loving this ROM.... i haven't noticed anything wrong as of right now but i will report if i do find something.

10. Merlin615

Merlin615 Member

Noticed Swype would give me the trails but not fill in the text, removed and reinstalled and works like a charm again.

11. YamR1

YamR1 Well-Known Member

Where do you go to view/download roms.. check the specs and maybe see some screenshots??

12. VolcanicR31GN

Hmm i noticed that google nav was missing unless i have to redownload it lol.

13. LED

LED Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Link is in the first post. There are no screenshots posted for this rom though.

14. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It's not missing for me. It's called "Navigation", not Google Navigation, if that helps.

15. Kaessa

Kaessa Well-Known Member

Wow, it's FAST!

Jhaldk likes this.
  16. VolcanicR31GN

I had to restart for it to appear in my menu.. But yea I'm in love with this Rom!!!

17. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

What keyboard is everyone seeing for v32? In v31 I had a white/red Droid X keyboard, but v32 appears to have gone back to a stock-like HTC Sense keyboard with haptic feedback I cannot turn off. If this is normal, so be it, but I'd like some verification before I re-flash.

18. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The DroidX Multi-touch keyboard is still there. If you long press in a location where you are able to type, there should be a menu option called "Input method". Click that and you should be able to choose "Multi-touch keyboard".

19. woofers02

woofers02 Member

I've got v32 clocked at 245/610, great battery life, silky smooth and am posting Quadrant scores higher than most Droid 1s.

20. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

I'm installing with a full wipe from v31 because EVERY launcher is laggy as hell and FCing like a mofo for me. I'll try ADW again with the default settings, and then LP with the default settings. If my launcher slows to a crawl again after three days...

21. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Do I need an app to adjust the clock speed? I'm recently rooted and running Kaos v30 (never went to 31). I left it at the defaults and my battery life is awful.

22. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

This is a pretty good thread to read. Following the general instructions in that first post on kaos froyo, I get about 33% more battery life (due to very low underclocking when sleeping) compared with xtrROM.

My settings are:

default: 245.8/604.8

profiles:

priority 100: temp > 40C, 160/480
    priority 80: screen off, 19.2/480
    priority 75: charging ac/full: 245/528
    priority 70: battery <33%, 160/528

Advanced:
    sampling: 40000
    up threshold: 50
    Ignore nice: 0
    Powersave bias: 10

It works very well for me; no lag, I get hardly any battery used when the screen is off, but it responds to phone calls very quickly.

nomarsgirl likes this.
  23. jxw384

jxw384 Member

i have the kaosfroyo 32 but i do not see swype as an option for the keyboard. i also some how managed to change the 2 bottom icons from the browser and phone and i can not figure out how to get it back. please help.

24. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Kaos Froyo does not come with Swype built-in - you have to add it yourself. I do not use it myself, but there is a FAQ for kaos froyo that goes over a lot of things, including Swype. See here: KaosFroyo FAQ - KaosFroyo - GitHub (scroll down a bit to find the entries about Swype.)

As for your question about the icons, I assume that you are using the default ADW launcher. Just put an icon for the Phone and Browser applications on your desktop and drag each of those icons one at a time to the spot on the dock where you'd like it to be, and it will replace that spot.

25. jxw384

jxw384 Member

thank you for your reply, another question i have is that i have read about apps like "kill applications" do you need this? if you close an app is it closed or still running in the background?