KaosFroyo v34

Last Updated:

1. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

It's getting to where we have to check these developer's threads at XDA and elsewhere every 12 hours or so. :D

3. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I know huh? I'm downloading it right now. 65%.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Heh, I already do that. After the V33 issues, I'm now at the point of "let's wait an extra few hours and let the bleeding edgers let us know how it goes."

5. crandroid

crandroid Well-Known Member

Ah, it looks like XDA is down right now. Damn.

6. TheDanimal

TheDanimal Well-Known Member

xda is back up now.

7. soulman8605

soulman8605 New Member

downloading right now

8. RS36

RS36 Member

I'm still running v30.

It's been running great for me so I'm hesitant to flash a new version when there really isn't a reason.

9. Praetorian

Praetorian Well-Known Member

I check the dev website about as much I check androidforums which is about every 2 hours or so. My wife thinks I'm obsessed with my phone to which I respond...ya so?

10. streetmedic7

streetmedic7 Member

I'll keep running v33 until tonight, I think.

11. shaggylouie

shaggylouie Well-Known Member

Kaos makes a great ROM. I did, however, have a problem with the backlighting after flashing v33 from v32. I never looked into the backlighting issues before. The backlight would stay dim and then come to light when it felt like it.

Since I wanted to have v34, I have completed wiped everything (nand created of course) and am trying v34 "from scratch".

Anyone come across this before?

and as always, thanks to Kaos for the great ROM(s)!

12. jsuh

jsuh Well-Known Member

Had some lag issues with v33 with scrolling and GPS locking. Gonna flash v34 now and Conan and decad3nce's CFS kernel to see how stable that makes it; otherwise, I'm going back to v30.

13. srmccoy

srmccoy Well-Known Member

If those don't work out for you, I would recommend using v32. Best all around performance/stability from my testing.

14. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes, I agree that this ROM does not do the automatic backlight with as much elegance as other ROMs do. There are some settings in settings->CyanogenMod settings that deal with automatic backlight that you can try adjusting to see if they help, but I am not an expert in this at all.

I think it's under Light levels, check "use custom", and then drop down "screen dim level". I'd guess that increasing the numbers slightly at each level would make the screen brighter, and vice versa. Also note that you can set the soft button backlight levels there, too, so you can dim them a bit when it light levels are low. Defaults seem to have them either full on (255) or full off (0).

(Notice I said "I think..." up above.)

15. shaggylouie

Thanks for the info. I just did a full wipe and flashed v34. I did not flash over anything.

I'm glad I did. I think (fingers crossed) all my glitches are gone. Will keep an update. So far, v34 is very nice.:D

16. Praetorian

I had all kinds of problems with v33 so I went back to my nand backup of v32 and all was well. Just flashed over v32 with only wiping the cache and its running great so far. V33 was just messed up.

17. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

On the XDA forum we're starting to see reports of lagging and some other (possibly minor, depending upon your requirements) problems on v34.

18. soulman8605

soulman8605 New Member

Got v34 on my eris but it was kind of laggy so I changed to launcher pro and it pepped right up..very fast now.

19. Praetorian

I noticed quite a bit of lag when I first flashed but then everything settled down. Not sure if launcher pro makes a difference with that. I'll post if I notice performance go down hill.

20. shaggylouie

My v34 is very peppy. I do use launcher pro. I also think my fresh flash away from other kaos v's helped too.

OK so... I'm sure this was asked before, but I would like to know how to stop the trackball from blinking when I receive emails. I once had this figured out, but now I can't remember. Can someone help me out here?

21. varkie

varkie Well-Known Member

v34 working great for me. I only did a dalvik wipe (I don't do full wipes) and flashed over v32 and am having no problems. It's just as quick and responsive as v32. I also use LauncherPro and uninstaled ADW by flashing the zip file right after the first reboot.

22. n0ct3m

n0ct3m Well-Known Member

And I just flashed v33 last night...

23. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

V34 + CFS is running great for me. Clean flash (even to the point of formatting my SD card. it was getting cluttered)

No problems with camera or GPS

24. stanlalee

stanlalee Well-Known Member

do you have the link to the CFS kernel zip. I'm not having scrolling or lag issues with the BFS (probably because I only have 3 screens and dont scroll much) but I'd like to try it to see if it helps v34 (or I could wait for v35 to come out which has it I guess. had v33 all of two days before I noticed v34 was released lol).

25. jfkerekes

jfkerekes Active Member

Ran KF 3.4 for all of a day and it was just way too laggy on my Eris. I went back to Cyanogen Taz 4.0 and all is right in my world. Loved KF 3.2 and have tried everything since trying to decide on a rom to stick with but I think Taz is going to be the keeper here. Kaos does a fantastic job however and I do not mean to slight him, my phone just seems to respond better to the Taz roms.