Kaosfroyo V35 Freezing up PLEASE HELP

Last Updated:

1. Jmm125678

Jmm125678 New Member This Topic's Starter

I rooted and downloaded Kaosfroyo V35 onto my phone yesterday. It has been freezing up alot. I'll be playin with my phone and it freezes usually the screen turns black for up to a minute the status bar is still up then it will either un-freeze or most of the time it ends up going to the start up page where it says android in the center with the white light shining through it, it stays on this for 2-5 minutes then the lock screen comes up and I can start using the phone again but it will freeze up again soon.

I know it has ADW launcher on it. I had android 2.1 before I got this kaosfroyo. I had to research for 2 hours before I finally figured out how to root my phone, I dont kno alot about phones.

HERES EVERYTHING I DID TO GET KAOSFROYO ON MY ERIS:
    I downloaded the kaosfroyo V35 ROM to my desktop of my computer. I then went to the marketplace on my phone and installed the Eris 1 click root app made by jcase, I loaded the Kaosfroyo ROM onto my SD card ran the root app shutdown the phone then I flashed the kaosfroyo to my phone and it was taking over a hour to boot up and I read to wipe the phone so I pulled the battery then turned it on wiped the "data/factory reset" and "davlik", I flashed the ROM on again and then after about 20 minutes of booting I had my phone going and ever since its been freezing alot. Everything has been working internet, messaging, phone calls, just it freezes up and goes to the one screen like its rebooting up.

Advertisement
  2. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

Dude v35 was a bit buggy v35-1 is the most current version try v35-1

3. Dan Droid

Dan Droid Member

I've experienced those freezing problems as well with an earlier version. I don't know if some phones have slightly different hardware or what the problem is. Some people don't experience this at all.

For the time being, you could try switching over to xtrSENSE. It's not 2.2, but it runs great, even better than the stock 2.1 (I couldn't believe how responsive my little Eris became!) It also has some extra upgrades that make it work looking into. Later on, when Kaos Froyo has been updated, you can try it again to see if they've solved the problem.

4. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

. Later on, when Kaos Froyo has been updated, you can try it again to see if they've solved the problem.[/QUOTE]

It has been updated to v35-1 and it's fresh, never frozen :)

5. jcecil0141

jcecil0141 New Member

Ok. I've downloaded v35.1 to my SD card. Now, once on the card, how do I get my eris to recognize it? I am familiar with the updating process but not with thos version. Help?!?! please.

6. kobel1up

kobel1up Well-Known Member

First of all dont flash over the current rom. If you are having problems better to start over fresh. If you already have your sdcard set to fat32(not set for apps 2nd) then you can just place the zip in the root of the sdcard. Now you can wipe anytime before you flash the rom, but you need to wipe, if you don't you could have the same problems as before.