Last Updated:

1. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Looks like it may need some GPS tweaking, but V35 is finally available

[ROM]KaosFroyo V35 [09/17] [FROYO] - xda-developers

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Yep, reading the comments on the XDA forum it reads like the browser force closes on any site that tries to access the GPS, and that navigation doesn't work. That's a deal killer for me - dang, I was looking forward to trying this one. The bright side however is that there is a message there that states that Kaos should have the GPS fix up this morning. Of course that message wasn't from Kaos, so it may or may not be true.

3. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

One of the suggestions listed over on xda to fix the gps issue.

4. hammerdroid

hammerdroid Well-Known Member

Im a noobie, how do I do this, cuz i currently run kaos froyo 31. Im determined to switch over today, so... yeah, how do I do what you described?

5. Shadowtech

6. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Heh, my wait one day before flashing a new version rule come through again!

7. Shadowtech

From xda ... a new ROM with the GPS fix is being uploaded right now. That is about the only major complaint I have seen so far with this release. So once a proper fix is included I will be flashing this.

8. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It's up and I have it downloaded. I won't flash for a while, though; there's too much going on this weekend.

9. iheotp

iheotp Well-Known Member

Anyone know why I cannot set wallpapers? I have a picture of a road and a lighthouse that loaded automatically with Kaos v34. Now when I go to set a different wallpaper it won't load, just keeps the same picture.

10. amb617

amb617 New Member

I have a quick question. I'm currently using KaosFroyo V34, and I'd like to upgrade to V35. Do I have to wipe again, and start from scratch, or can I just flash the new V35 and keep all my current settings?

Thanks!

11. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

The general answer from Kaos on wiping is that you probably don't have to, but he said that there are a lot of changes in this version, so if you start having problems, go out to recovery, do a wipe, restart and reinstall everything from scratch. He says that about almost every update, though there have been a few where he has said that a wipe is required.

I'd say that you have nothing to lose by doing a nandroid, install V35 over without a data wipe, wipe dalvik, restart and see what happens.

12. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I wipe every time I flash a ROM. Don't want any dingleberries....

13. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

I do believe Mr. Kaos has perfected his ROM for me it's been flawless and bugless. I love it

14. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if V35 uses the new BFS kernel? I didn't like it in the last version, but I wanna give it a fair chance this time around.

15. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member

I believe it's the new CFS kernal

16. kaveman

kaveman New Member

Deleted Dalvik Cache and put V35-1 right over V32. Seems like it's working great!
    Thanks for the Great Updates!!!
    Kaveman

17. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

18. cmotion

cmotion Well-Known Member

I'm wondering what people are using for setcpu settings with this version of Kaos and the newest CFS kernal. I remember reading I think a post by Decad3nce on xda about this kernal really working with Interactive governor, and that you shouldn't set minimum values below 245. I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice on this, as I previously had a great amount of success with lowering the clock (while sleeping, etc.) to the lowest it could go, with seemingly no negative effects on the functionality of the phone (i.e. it would seem to wake up fine to receive phone calls, etc.) I'm just wondering if other people have been using Interactive or On Demand governor in setcpu (if at all) and what your minimums are.

19. woodstorm

woodstorm Well-Known Member

First time flashing. Really tired of the HTC/Eris lag. This will speed me up and give the battery life improvement, right?

20. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

Yes. There are a few issues. If you use the camera a lot, turn off autofocus (when you start the camera, there is a small icon in the top right of the preview image - touch that to turn off autofocus - change it to touch focus instead.) Also, do not use the icon in the top right of the camera to preview the image after taking a photo - you will risk freezing the phone.

Otherwise, it seems rock-solid - no lag, great battery life.

21. woodstorm

Great, thanks.

22. notaguru

notaguru Well-Known Member

I'm on v34, and after rooting I had to reinstall apps and spend considerable time setting up the desktop and options. At this moment, the phone is stable and competent, and I'm very impressed by it.

If I flash v35, must I go through all that again? And if so, will the payoff be worth the effort?

23. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You definitely want V35-1. My understanding is that V35-1 should flash over V34 just fine, though you may want to do a wipe of Dalvik cache after flashing the ROM. (Do not do a wipe data/factory reset, though, unless you really do want to install everything from scratch. And you should do a Nandroid backup before flashing, in case you want to go back.)

24. Joe Eris

Joe Eris Well-Known Member

I just use camera magic. I did notice some general lag today also I discovered a possible live wallpaper bug. I installed my favorite lwp then rebooted and when it finished booting my lwp was gone and In its place was the stock KaosFroyo wallpaper also my swift key keyboard had switched back to the default keyboard

25. woodstorm

The pre installed lwp. keeps fc. but other than that it 's running great. This is sooo much better than stock. I am converted! Amen