• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KaosFroyo v36 is out

v35-1 was perfect, as long as you brought over the camera from v34. :)

v36 is smooth and fast, only issue i have is the headphone issue which, i'll just stick with and just not use headphones until its fixed.

Actually, some people are reporting that if you remove the installed camera and pull out the apk camera from the v36 ROM, and install it back, it works fine.... (but I have no issues) so just fyi.

Upvote 0
dumb question ... i flashed over from 35.1 to 36 and it went fine ... except oddly the phone says I'm on Sprint now rather than Verizon? Should i care?

I had the same issue...I just made the banner disappear so it doesn't show up anymore. I had a similar issue with it saying "Team..." something when I flashed the last ROM. If it annoys you take it off, but if not...I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, the headphone fix...put the headphones halfway in for like 2 seconds and it will display the headphones on your phone and then push it the rest of the way in. I read that online last night and then forgot there was an issue with the headphone jack when I was connecting my phone to my AUX input in my car. It worked like a charm on the first try.

Upvote 0
Reactions: willdogs
Upvote 0
V36 Rocks, super fast and smooth i'm lovin it. EDIT/UPDATE I tried it for a week and it actually sucks for me it makes all my games lag it freezes the phone when I listen to slacker radio and the headphone jack issue is just way too annoying having to fiddle-f#ck around with it every time I plug into my car stereo. I went back to v35-1

Upvote 0
This is my first ROM too. I'm pretty impressed how well it works. Very smooth and makes my old Eris feel fresh and new again. One question. I used to be able to link my contacts to facebook and use the facebook images as the phone contact images. Is there any way to do this?

I just downloaded SyncMyPix from the market and it does a fantastic job.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones