KaosFroyo Wallpaper??

Last Updated:

1. devanshannon

devanshannon New Member This Topic's Starter

Newbie question here, just rooted my eris and flashed kaosfroyo v32.. I changed my wallpaper, how do i get the Kaosfroyo wallpaper back that came installed when i flashed it???

Advertisement
  2. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member

Whats funny is I never remember having a "KaosFroyo" wallpaper when i installed it, for some reason it pulled my old wallpaper (dragon with the android in the middle, unless thats the original?).

3. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

It did the same for me, which surprise me the first time I flashed it - I wondered how a shiny new 2.2 ROM knew what wallpaper I had used on my previous 2.1 ROM. Still don't know the answer to that question, but at least now I'm not surprised to find my wallpaper used when I jump back and forth between ROMS.

4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I believe that this is one of the features of the Cyanogen ROMs - it backs up your app installs and settings and reinstalls when you authenticate your Google account when you first boot after a data wipe or factory reset. If you ever used the 2.1 ROM CELB, for example, it would have been from that.

5. devanshannon

devanshannon New Member This Topic's Starter

anyone else maybe seen this wallpaper... It looked pretty good and i have no idea how it came installed on my phone either... It wasnt on my phone before i rooted or flashed it.

6. Night_Watchman

Night_Watchman Member

Is there a way to disable that restoration behavior? This never happened to me before but I just flashed KaosFroyo v34 and it changed my wallpaper and downloaded some applications I used to have and did who knows what else.

Unfortunately it causes a big problem for me. On my next reboot after that process it hangs on the ANDROID screen forever and won't finish booting.

I've just recently rewiped and reflashed KaosFroyo v34 and I haven't authenticated my Google account yet because I don't want it to "restore" my phone and break it again.