• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Karen Carpenter

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
I guess I'm a little surprised that there aren't any threads in the music sub-subforum discussing Karen Carpenter. Even though she's been gone a long, long time now, her voice was one of the best.

I stumbled across this blog post that offers some isolated vocal tracks and in this day and age of autotuning--well, everything--her talent is undeniable.

Just how beautiful was Karen Carpenter

Damn, I guess none of them are available on mobile. I don't know much about the Carpenters, but I love hearing a beautiful female voice without all of the overproduction. Contrary to popular belief, there are a lot of good singers around today, but their voices are buried in the production for some reason. You never realize how good they are until you hear them play acoustic at a radio station or something.

edit: the ones in the link wouldn't play, but the embedded ones do. For some reason my browser doesn't always show the embedded videos.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones