• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Kaspersky Phound

Dirtnapper

Sep 18, 2011
I downloaded this app, Kaspersky Phound, and had a tough time deleting. Once it was deleted, I was locked out of my phone. My screen lock pin did not work. Five tries and then wait 30 seconds. After most of the day in a panic, I was able to to a factory reset; I did have a back up. If this is the way the app works, stay away form it. I had a recent backup, so really didn't lose much of anything, other than the day without it until I got home. Anyone else try it and then delete it?

Based on the reviews in the Play Store, you're not alone in having issues with uninstalling the app.

I'm betting that Phound, in common with other similar apps, requires Device Administrator status to do its job, which will make it uninstallable until it's removed from the DA list.

Aren't there any uninstall softwares for phones ? as Revo uninstaller for pc ?

Nope, because Android functions differently.

Upvote 0
I'm betting that Phound, in common with other similar apps, requires Device Administrator status to do its job, which will make it uninstallable until it's removed from the DA list.

That was my thought as well.

@Dirtnapper what did you end up doing to uninstall the app? Did you disable it as a Device Administrator and then uninstall, or try some sort of perhaps root-enabled workaround?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones