• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root KatKiss KitKat 4.4.2 unofficial

Doit2it

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2009
Nashville, TN
twitter.com
I tried the KatKiss Jelly Bean ROM and didn't like it, but this KitKat ROM has breathed new live into my sluggish TF101. I guess it's the smaller footprint of KitKat. Not sure about battery live since I just installed it last night. Build #15 doesn't have Location based WiFi, but hopefully that will be fixed. The camera won't do PhotoSphere or Panorama and Gallery crashed when I tried the edit feature. But I'm not a tablet photographer (laugh every time I see one), so this is my daily until something more tempting comes along. If you dread reaching for your sluggish TF101 lately like I have, do yourself a favor and try it.

Update: v16 of the ROM fixes the WiFi location bug. I'm still having same issues with Camera and Gallery. Battery standby time is 9 to 10 days (minimal use). Still quick and responsive.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones