Keep Bluetooth A2DP connection active

1. horsepow3r

horsepow3r New Member

Hello. I am looking for an app that will keep the A2DP Bluetooth profile constantly turned on. I am trying to stream Google Navigation voice directions from my Optimus S 2.2 Froyo non-rooted phone to the receiver in my truck. The connection works, but I lose the first second of the voice prompts because Android disables the A2DP connection when not in use to save battery power. For example, If the voice prompt is supposed to say "turn right onto Main St", I will hear "onto main Street." I want an app that will prevent the power saving feature; something like a Wake Lock app perhaps?

Is there an app out there that does this? Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. tkolsa

tkolsa New Member

I have a somewhat similar query, except my Samsung Galaxy SII will not allow voice navigation to get through to my BT headset.
    I have been testing a few map applications & also contacted Samsung Mobile for support.

One map provider responded to say that I need to check if my phone supports AD2P protocol.
    How though ?
    It was suggested to play music on phone with BT connected to check that feature.

Any comments on how to get voice navigation from my phone to BT headset ?
    I want to use it for motorcycling, so that I can hear the directions without looking at the screen.

Any advice or guidance appreciated.
    Thanks.
  3. horsepow3r

horsepow3r New Member

Your phone supports the A2DP profile. Make sure bluetooth is enabled. Once you have paired with the headset, go into the bluetooth settings for that device and make sure A2DP is on.