Keep dust out?Accessories

Last Updated:

1. DroidFiend

DroidFiend Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, this may sound funny and shameful, but I've been keeping my phone in a small ziplock bag :p whenever I'm at home and using it through the plastic. Even in public, I keep the phone in a ziplock bag in my pocket until I need to use it.

Why, you ask? Because I wan't to keep the dust out of the crevices! I know, I know, it sounds crazy, but we all wanted to keep things clean at one time, a car, a pair of shoes, etc. Remember those plastic sleeves that you would put comic books and baseball cards into? I almost wish I could find that for the X, haha.

Anyway, I know they have things like the Invisible shield that offer "full body protection", but do these kind of products actually mask the entire phone (including parts where the glass meets the rest of the phone)? Is there a practical, respectable way to keep dust away?

Advertisement
  2. dlbrando

dlbrando Well-Known Member

I imagine that otterbox will have a droid-x box out after a while. That would do I guess. Honestly though I have never had a problem. Heck, I cam from the BBerry storm and it had a huge crevice along the entire screen. I filled it with sawdust and such all the time building canoes. I just blew it out with some air and it never bothered it.

3. bbjones121

bbjones121 New Member

I had gone through 7 Blackberry storms, even two Blackberry Storm2's after they finally gave me the new version. Dust always got into the screen and they had to keep replacing them. I sure hope that it is not a problem with my new Droid X.

4. JubbaTheHutt

JubbaTheHutt Well-Known Member

Aye, this was the biggest drawback on the Storm...good riddance!