1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Keep Facebook Events out of calendar?

Last Updated:

1. EFrownfelter

EFrownfelter New Member This Topic's Starter

I had my Android phone set up at the store to synchronize with Facebook. The trouble is, any even anyone in my Facebook list enters shows up on my phone calendar. My phone is cluttered with other people's events in which I have no interest, to the extent that my ability to see what is on my calendar is impaired. This is true both with the native app and CalendarPad which I downloaded specifically to get around this, and also for events I have declined. Anyone know of a way to keep Facebook events off my Android calendars?

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

In the calendar app, Hit Menu-View, and uncheck Facebook.

Welcome to the forums, but PLEASE do a search, I personally have answered this question at least 3 times in the past month.

3. TulsaTime

TulsaTime Well-Known Member

I have been trying to find information about this same issue. I do not want to removed the facebook calendar from view, only the events that I have declined on facebook. Unchecking facebook from the view menu does not accomplish the goal here.

4. alxrock

alxrock Member

pretty simple. From the Calendar App, go to Menu- More- Settings- Reminder Settings- and click the box for "Hide declined events" I think that should fix it.

5. BarbaraD

BarbaraD New Member

Unfortunately that doesn't work. Wish it did. I had to un-sync my facebook events because someone put in an event that ran every single day of January 2012, which I declined and also used the "hide the declined events" selection, and it kept showing up when sync-ed. It is definitely I bug. :(

6. KaosStorm

KaosStorm Well-Known Member

Until a while ago, Facebook had the ability to eliminate events completely, which took them out from any android calendar you had set up; it seems they decided to remove that feauter so now even if you decline an event it still appears in your calendar.

7. Marc703

Marc703 New Member

I am having the same problem. Declined Facebook events show up in Calendar even though HIDE DECLINED EVENTS is checked. I have repeatedly removed and re-added my Facebook account to my phone's accounts. I see no way to actually delete/remove an event from Facebook. That used to be a Facebook event option but does not appear so anymore.

Accepted/maybe Facebook events should appear in phone calendar but not declined events. This sure seems like a coding bug on the phone's OS. Samsung-SGH-I727; Android v2.3.5; Build# GINGERBREAD.UCKJ2

8. brianb33

brianb33 New Member

Same issue here with my Android charge. I have even gone to my facebook page on my computer and declined the event but it had already posted to my calendar and will not go away.

9. nobrayn

nobrayn New Member

Hi everyone,

I finally registered for these forums because of this annoying problem!

A friend invited me to this event that runs for 3 months. So every day I see the little mark indicating there's something to do that day.

I've tried the following:
    Declining the event
    Scouring the FB and FB Mobile and FB App Event page for any way to remove the event
    Un-syncing the FB calendar
    Deleting the local calendar data
    Checking "Hide Declined Events" in the Calendar app settings

And when I re-sync, the event shows up every time.

Has there been any progress on this? Is there an official bug submitted that I can comment on?

Thx, and good luck...!