Keep losing contacts / connectionsSupport

1. censchot

censchot New Member

Dear all,

I have searched the internet and the forum but I couldn't find an answer to this problem, perhaps you can help.

With my Galaxy S3 and Android 4.0.4, I keep losing phone numbers for contacts, in text messages it only shows the number, as well as in Whatsapp. I then add the number again for the contact (to an existing contact, or in a new contact and link that to the old one), but pretty soon it loses the information again. I have multiple accounts linked, such as gmail, hotmail, whatsapp, facebook, twitter, linkedin.

My device is not rooted, nor do I have "strange" apps on my device, just the standard ones, I also use a virus scanner and that has never found anything.

Thanks for any help you can offer! I'm not sure if this is a phone issue or an Android issue, or a combination.

Patrick

Advertisement
  2. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

Have you tried a full backup, factory reset and restoring?
  3. censchot

censchot New Member

Not yet, hoping to try other solutions first. But if all else fails, will try that, thanks.
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Maybe its not syncing 2 ways. So you add to local contact then remote contact over writes it.

Add number in gmail to confirm. If it syncs delete the number on phone. If it comes back, this is the issue.

It may be a clear of contacts storage is required