Keep losing my 3g connection.Support

Last Updated:

1. Steinman

Steinman Member

OK, so my 3G connection just randomly disappears, some times it will just switch to 1x and other times i wont have either. I have full reception at my house and this never happened with my old phone. Should i exchange my phone? or is this something that will be fixed in an update?

Advertisement
  2. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

Did you get the 2.0.1 update yet?
  3. Steinman

Steinman Member

Yes I did, this has been happening before it though and I waited for this update hoping it would fix it witch it did not...
  4. writhum

writhum Well-Known Member

I think this a known problem, many people were hoping 2.0.1 will fix it. If it's the only thing wrong with your phone I wouldn't try to replace it, since it's happening to many people. I guess wait and hope for a firmware update that acknowledges it/
  5. greg72

greg72 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem. Running 2.0.1
  6. GDroid

GDroid Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. If this is the ONLY problem you have with your phone, I would not go for an exchange. Trust me, it could be worse!
  7. scutzi128

scutzi128 Well-Known Member

Same here I start at 3g then it goes to 1x and will only switch back to 3g if I stop everything that uses bandwidth. It seems to happen randomly too. Its quite annoying on my train ride to have everything slow down to a crawl when I lose 3g. So much for their map when the phone can't reliably use the coverage. Other then that this phone is pretty much amazing.
  8. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

Mine does it too before and after update. I was thinking about going in and getting my phone replaced because the update didn't change it but I'm not having any other problems. So I'm torn because I don't want a worse problem with the new phone.:(
  9. MadFoodScientist

MadFoodScientist Active Member

I think I remember seeing this will be addressed in the January 22nd update.
  10. Decus22

Decus22 Well-Known Member

Don't remember seeing that but *Crosses fingers and prays to the droid siginal Gods*
  11. Steinman

Steinman Member

Alright I guess I'll just try and wait, but its kind of annoying when I'm streaming a podcast or Pandora and all the sudden it stops and I have to start my podcast all over again...
  12. wstew101

wstew101 New Member

Hay its 3/13/2012 my phone weii just drop my 3g connection at any time and I have to turn my phone off then back on to reconnect to 3g.