Keep "non-music" MP3s out of music library?

Last Updated:

1. kenwalton

kenwalton New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a free HTC Magic at the Google I/O conference and am liking it so far. I'm trying to set it up as a day-to-day replacement for my iPod, and right now I'm using BeyondPod for podcasts and have tried several different music players.

My plan was to keep the two separate - Podcast software for podcasts and a music player for music.

There's just one problem that is driving me nuts: I can't figure out how to keep "non-music" MP3s (namely, podcasts) out of the music library. The music players all seem to scan for every audio file on my SD card, and can't be forced to use just the Music folder. So I end up with a music library littered with podcasts.

I'd put them in separate playlists, but the files are constantly changing, and it wouldn't be worth trying to keep up with them.

Am I missing something? I've googled the heck out of this and can't seem to find anyone else who's bothered by this. Is there any way to have a music player only play files from a certain folder?

Advertisement
  2. smint

smint Well-Known Member

sorry i can't help but if anyone knows how to keep certain pictures out of the galleries then i would think it is the same method, and i would like to know how to make some pictures not come up

3. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Use and App call HideNSeek ... password hide items on your SDCard

4. wiineedmore

wiineedmore Member

Make a file and call it ."something"
    example

.Nonmusic

Period will make it where the file is not in your Music Library.

Put all non music files in that folder.

My problem is how do you hind all of the non music file to move them to the folder