• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep non-service apps Alive on the background

I lnow there are other posts about this subjects, but I don't want to gain the Golden Shovel price for digging old questions. Guess it's forbidden.

But the subject is still polemic, and is still critical.

It's been long since nobody touches this,

So... HOW ?

After this time, has anyone found out HOW To leave the APP unkilled by the system when we press Home ???

It could be a theme or widget which runs as an app, like my ICS Status bar app which replaces the stock status bar in GB. Since its an app, if the phone is left idle and Locked for a time, the system closes it and I have to relaunch it. In my case at least, I'd like that one in particular to keep running.

In a pinch, if you're rooted, download and install root explorer and uninstall your app and then download its apk file online and then use root explorer to move the apk manually to the /system/app folder (DON'T INSTALL IT) then reboot. The app will self-install as a service vs. a normal app and therefore usually remain active

Reactions: LucasBS
Upvote 0
Arghh !
It did not subscribe to this topic.

Where do I find, in the user ControlPanel, the topics I've posted ?

Anyway...

I was writing this topic in my opera mobile, got to answer a call, and when I came back, it reloaded the page, and all I had written was gone.

That's what I call a hell of a inneficient way of handling applicantions for me.
And that's why I'm here.

It's rooted. Will try that cool trick you've described here.

Upvote 0
got to answer a call, and when I came back, it reloaded the page, and all I had written was gone.
1.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones