• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keep or return...

Brokk

Lurker
May 17, 2015
My wife got this phone yesterday. She has a tendency to break phones and likes them small, so we thought this would be a good choice for her.

However, she runs a GPS game called Ingress, and it sucks the life out of the Brigadier battery. It loses 15% battery with about 1/2 hour of playing. Even just sitting down and going through a few phone settings I was watching the battery tick down. I went to the battery setting, and it said it had over 9 hours of charge left on it. I was looking through the settings to see what could be changed to help it out. I got interrupted for 20 min, so I turned off the screen and put it down. When I came back it and looked at the battery setting again, it said I had 6 1/2 hours of battery left!!! We are trying the Eco mode now to see if that helps.

Does the battery get better after a few recharges? I know some are like that. You need a full charge about 3 times before it finally hits it stride.

The assignable button doesn't work. We found the settings and have it set to run the application Ingress, but pushing the button (holding it for 10 seconds or more), does nothing.

We haven't tried the camera or any other features yet. We were thinking a wireless charging cradle for the car might help. It's a really big battery to drop power that quickly. How quickly does the wireless charging work compared to a wired charger?

Are there any updates for the phone? Any place for support with issues? The verizon support page is a joke. Most of the categories are empty, or boiler plate suggestions that apply to any smart phone.

Brokk...

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones