Keep POP3 email on device after deleteing from server?

Last Updated:

1. R_Andersen

R_Andersen New Member This Topic's Starter

I have two pop3 email accounts set up on the Driod and I'm wondering if there is a way to set it so the last 30 days or so of emails are saved on the droid, even after dowloading them at home and deleting them from the server?

Right now, the droid only shows email that is still sitting on the server. On the BB i had, it used to download a copy of all pop3 email to the device and the copy would stay there unless i manually deleted in on the BB.

Thanks,
    Rob

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Are you deleting the messages from the server, and then seeing them gone on the DROID? Which email app are you using? If I understand correctly, you want to be able to "delete from server, after the DROID has its copy, and still have the copy on the DROID?"

3. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Yeah, I deleted messages from my Hotmail account, online, and when the phone sync'd, the phone copies were purged as well. I thought there was a "move" option, for POP3 but I can't see a way of doing it, even with K-9 Mail's folder sync options. Once you sync, if the message isn't there, its gone from the phone.

Gmail has an "Archive" feature built-in, but you can't get it to setup a POP3 account. I guess you could just setup a forward rule to gmail, then archive it there?

4. Timmaaay4

Timmaaay4 Well-Known Member

5. e39e60

e39e60 Well-Known Member

This sounds like one of two things:

1) IMAP instead of POP3

2) Setting in K9 to synch

Can't help you with K9. For testing disable an account from K9 and set it up under Email just for testing but I'd poke around K9 settings frst.