Keep receiving low on space notifications??Support

Last Updated: 2013-03-09 12:42:57
  1. I've been receiving a low on space notification for about 2 weeks now. I currently have 32 megabytes of internal storage space left, which to me seems like plenty. When I first got this notification I switched a lot of my bigger apps over to the SD card Just to free up a little extra space. But I'm still getting the low on space notification every day.

Yesterday I received a notification about my text messages being at full capacity even though they're set to automatically delete at 200 per thread. WTH? Just a minute ago I received a notification about webpage storage at full capacity. I go in to check it out and everything there is no more than a kilobyte a piece.

It seems to think everything is reaching full capacity but I just can't see how any of this is happening. I don't see anything the points towards internal storage reaching full capacity. Has anyone in countered a problem like this how do you fix it?

Advertisement
  2. James_Bond

James_Bond Well-Known Member

That phone only comes with like 2 GB of internal storage space which isn
  3. Sabresfan2630

Sabresfan2630 Well-Known Member

Many people including me have had this problem
    Just restore your phone and you will be fine. I did that and haven't had a low space notification sense.
  4. Rcarnes91

Rcarnes91 Well-Known Member

Ignore james bond that does not work on the triumph what causes it is the Alog files(the triumph constantly builds these files for no reason) I recommend rooting and deleting the files, installing a custom rom will keep the files from coming back and make the phone faster
  5. Okay, I tried to follow some seemingly simple instructions taken from the post below. I followed step 1 - 4 below, and that's where I'm stuck. No idea what "busybox" is, do I need it?

EDIT: Root Checker says the phone has root access.

I am totally not understanding file explorer part (File Expert). When I go into "data" under internal phone storage to locate the culprit files, it's not showing me anything.

This is all a first for me, so what am I doing wrong?

6. Okay, I managed to somewhat figure out what I'm doing. I got a file manager that I actually figured out how to work.

Could someone please provide me with the correct paths to locate these logs files I do not want, so that I can manually remove them? I'm afraid to delete anything that I'm not 100% on.
  7. Rcarnes91

Get the app disk usage it will tell what files are taking up the space
  8. So, evidently...

"alog_events" is taking up the biggest chunk with 510 mb
    "data" accounts for 167 mb
    "app" 102 mb
    "dalvik-cache" taking up 100 mb (do I delete this?)
    several various alog_system and alog_radio entries eating up 8 mb a piece
    something called last_alog (do I delete that?)

Also a couple other things I'm not sure about, "last_kmsg", and "tombstones". They're not very big, but I dunno what they are.

Do you recommend that I do any sort of backup before deleting any of alog stuff?
  9. Rcarnes91

Yeah make a backup then the largest one is the alogs you want to delete
  10. Okay so, the deed is done. So basically for anyone researching this issue in the future and reading through this, what I did was use Terminal Emulator (following perfectstranger instruction above) in conjunction with ES File Explorer (enabling "root explorer" and "mount file system" option and changing home directory to "/"), did a search for the alog_events, went in and just deleted the crap out of it, then rebooted my phone.

My poor Triumph can breathe a sigh of relief again, and I can actually receive text/email/updates. Hallelujah.

I saw in another thread someone mentioned also deleting the smaller alog files, would that also be beneficial or not? I am also curious about that dalvik-cache, can that 100 mb beast be cleared? Can you delete it? Anyone?
  11. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Even if you clear the dalvik cache, which is what the Os uses to optimize the apk's code for the dalvik vm, it get a immediately rebuilt on the next boot.
  12. snoobzilla

snoobzilla Member

Move some big apps to your sd card. Even better flash a custom rom then move some apps to sd. Cm7 is great, only thing you really lose is hdmi out.
  13. batvette

batvette Well-Known Member

Okay so I did all that and it allowed me to access the files and delete them.... but that unroot code is bad and I can't undo it!

Is this going to be a problem for my phone?