• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keep screen on during calls

softsorter

Feb 23, 2010
Did a search and its discussed in other models sections of htc but not really a fix, so i figured it would help users of the tattoo to list the results here.

having only just got my tattoo i was in a call today and answered it as per normal, and then wanted to switch on the speaker option when i looked it was a black screen! having done a bit of searching it seems this is a problem for lots and I would like the screen to remain active so i can end or speaker without lots of button pressing. I found a app in the market called "screen On" where you can select to keep the screen active for different apps, and active call has been added in the latest version of this app.

I have made several calls since and not had any problems with pressing the screen with my ear/face ending or launching other apps.

Try "screen On" in the market if you find the change to android different that what your used to.

Sounds useful.
I've also found that pressing the "menu" button during a call reawakens the screen without doing anything else.
(The menu button is also useful for finding out if the phone is just blanked-screen or turned off (as the power button turns the phone on in the latter circumstance!))

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones