• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Keep Screen on when plugged in? (driving)

Like most of us, I use my Note 2 in the car to play music, and I use Svoice to control the playback, but Even when I plug it into the car I get a couple minutes before the screen goes off and it stops listening for commands (even tried "driving mode") Is there an easy way to fix this without having to always go into settings and set "never turn off screen" every time I get into the car, and then go back and change it again to "turn off after X seconds"?

My Note 10.1 has an option "leave screen on when plugged in" but I cant find where it is on my Note 2(or if it even is there)

I just want to add a little tidbit, for those that also use their Note 2 for work and the Exchange security prevents the screen from staying on (and not being able to toggle to above-mentioned setting).

I've found a work around that actually does work (beyond a couple apps I had found, which didn't end up working correctly). So, if you're not able to do this due to Exchange security, download this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jim2

Widgetsoid allows you to make custom toggles. One of those toggles that can be created is Keep Screen On. All of the 3rd party apps I found, just to keep the screen on, worked as far as extending the amount of time (while it was plugged in), but none of them truly allowed me to keep the phone on, except for Widgetsoid's toggle! This has worked brilliantly with my Note 2 for so long.

Best part about that is, you can customize the toggles and make a "notification" add on widget, just like the built in Samsung notification widgets. So, it doesn't require adding a toggle to the homescreen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones