1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Keep the touch screen active before lock timeout?General

1. LRichards

LRichards Member

I'm talking about that period of time after the backlight turns off, but before the phone locks. Pressing the power button during that period stops the 'lock countdown' and restores the phone to normal function.

The question is, is is possible to keep the touch screen active during that period of time? You know, so the touch screen could also restore the phone.

p.s.: fyi There is a setting in Menu button>Lock screen settings>Lock timer that sets the period of time that the power button will restore normal operation.

 

Advertisement
  2. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Settings > Display > Screen Timeout > Profit!
  3. LRichards

LRichards Member

:) Sure Giga, I could leave the backlight on longer, but I'm talking about something else.

I'm trying for keeping the touch screen circuitry active, after the backlight turns off, but before the phone locks. So that a touch on the screen will restore the backlight, instead of the less convenient action of pressing the power button.

 
  4. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

Oh, makes sense now :p
  5. warock56

warock56 Well-Known Member

I tried looking for this to a while back and found nothing.
    Annoying that right after the screen gets dim you need the reaction of a drag racer so it doesn't turn off.