• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Keeping 1.5 on the Eris

Smurphy923

Lurker
Jun 6, 2010
Well I am planning on going to my local verizon store tomorrow and purchasing a HTC Droid Eris. Well of course I have been doing my research and I have heard awful things about the recent update to 2.1. I was wondering if anyone has been able to keep 1.5. I am planning on asking the person there to put 1.5 back on there and wait for HTC to fix the problems. If anyone has done this or has any advice on doing this let me know. I am very curious.

Well I dont have an answer for your question just yet, however I do have some advice.

Be your own judge, don't count your next steps if you dont have to take them.

Try out the 2.x os first and you judge whether you need to go to 1.5.

Honestly, there are angry cellphone users that are stuck at 1.5 and were promised more. At 1.5, you will loose google navigation, and you will lose the update android market.

Not to mention the xm radio? I heard something about that.

(Also, no one will be able to put you at 1.5 without voiding your warranty for the phone)

In order for you to go to 1.5, you will have to root your phone, and thats a no no on your phone's warranty because "rooting" means that your taking away control that your cellphone provider/maker has.

Upvote 0
...root your phone, and thats a no no on your phone's warranty because "rooting" means that your taking away control that your cellphone provider/maker has.

... and make the phone more fun to use. :p

Honestly, if you feel you can live with the issues that 1.5 has already, and you don't think that you can stand the issues with 2.1, stay on 1.5. Honestly, do what's best for you, and not for others. We're not the ones to judge whether or not you update to 2.1 or not, but we are here to give you details on both options.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones